Thursday, July 24, 2008

PAD - July 24th

Not much to look at, uh? I'll bet you are wondering why on earth I would take a picture of this house. On my lunch hour today I had to drive to sign some paperwork at my lawyer's office and so I decided to take a drive past here.
Can you believe I used to live in this house...back when I was about Alyson's age, my mom and I lived in this house. It certainly didn't look like this though! It didn't even have a cement driveway then, actually no driveway at all. And it was all open space around the house and no fence in the back. There was no front porch either. It was a bit more cute back then! My mom and I have always referred to this house as "The Crayola Box House" because she had pained each room a different color. My room was a sunny yellow color while my mother's room was lavendar. The little bathroom was green, the kitchen was blue and the living room was cantelope! LOL! She even painted a desk to match the living room! I wish I could remember how long we lived in that house. I used to love the tangerine tree in the back. I will have to see if I can find any pictures of what it looked like back then!

7 comments:

Chiara said...

very cool. I loved my grandparents house in St Pete they had a tangelo tree and grapefruit trees in addition to oranges.

Johnna said...

Love the fact that you went back to take a picture of your childhood home - awesome!!

Dawn Lindstrom said...

I know how hard it is to go by your old house, and see so many changes. Wonderful idea for your PAD.

crazierinreallife said...

I think this is a wonderful photo. I see a LO loaded with tons of great memories!

kaj said...

That is a great idea, Heather. I should do that, too. I wish I had a tangerine tree. My grandparent's house in St. Pete had a HUGE one and the tangerines were HUGE and sugary sweet. We used to get so many tangerines that my mother would even squeeze them for tangerine juice.

Snappy Chique said...

it is amazing at how much things change. the memories are the best part.

Dalovely Damanda said...

isn't it funny driving back to see your old house years later! great photo and great journaling