Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July 22 (PAD) - Somewhere over the rainbow















We had a pretty hefty thunderstorm come through early this evening but then after it passed it left behind this beautiful sight! I stepped out my front door to snap this picture. I wanted to snap a few pictures of my son who was outside with me but unfortunately, as I was snapping this picture my son and I spotted the neighbor's pit bull across the street...it seems we all spotted each other at the same time and then the dog headed full speed at us. Needless to say, my little guy was more than a little scared to have this animal running full force after him. I was screaming at the top of my lungs for Steve who was in the house. Stevie took off around the back of our house and I stepped in the path of this dog to keep him away from Stevie. At the last second he turned away from me and then Steve finally came outside. Poor Stevie ran all the way around our house - he was terrified! I got him ushered inside the house and then we called animal control...a lot of good that did us.
This is not the first time our neighbor's dog has gotten out and chased after kids in the neighborhood but apparently this guy doesn't care enough to do anything about it. I am not sure what but we definitely need to do something...waiting until the dog actually gets to a child is waiting too long. He came back through our yard a few more times tonight. I do not ever wish to see this dog coming after my child or any other child again. The look of pure terror on my son's face is forever imprinted in my mind. That poor guy has been sticking pretty close to my and his daddy's side ever since.


11 comments:

kaj said...

Is this the dog that lives next door? I think I saw it sitting there when I came over the other day and thought that it just better stay there.

crazierinreallife said...

love that rainbow!!!

Latharia said...

Well, I am glad you got the pic of the rainbow ... but what a scary time for your poor little guy! Can you call animal control? We sure would!

Dalovely Damanda said...

great shot of the rainbow. what a scary thing with the dog!

Amy said...

I teared up! How scary to see your child so scared! That guy better get rid of that dog!!

Colleen said...

You need to keep trying to do something about that dog. My cousins little girl was attacked by the neighbors pit bull when she was little and ended up needing plastic surgery to repair the face. The dog jumped across the face and ran to where the kids were playing and attacked Jessica. They were not doing anything to antagonize the dog.
Please don't give up.

Chiara said...

h how scary, can you file a complaint with the police too. Beautiful rainbow

Johnna said...

What a beautiful picture of the rainbow but so sorry you had such a scary experience with the neighbor's dog!!

Dawn Lindstrom said...

Gorgeous photo!! Hope you had time to make a wish.

mommyof2boys said...

I do not like pit bulls my neighbors have 2 and my cousin has 1 and I don't like any of them. They have not done anything yet, but the key word is yet.

Snappy Chique said...

I just love rainbow pictures!!! That is an awesome shot!