Steve refers to this as my corner. I prefer to avoid it and tend to hold my breath whenever I have to drive around it.
This was the scene of my terrible accident last September 23rd. I was actually coming in the opposite direction and after the kid hit us we ended up in between those 2 short white posts you see.
We went out to dinner tonight and so we had to drive through this corner...twice. When we were on the way home I was telling Steve that I had not gotten my photo for the day and so he told me to grab my camera. Reluctantly, I did.
I can still remember every single moment of that accident. Thankfully you can not really see the skid marks on the road anymore and someone finally picked up the leftover debri from the cars. This coming September 23, my brother, sister and I, along with her finace are planning to have dinner together to celebrate still being here. I am extremely grateful for that and I thank God every day. I also give a lot of credit to the car I was driving and so I have to say thank you Toyota - I am a customer for life.
6 comments:
Bold photo! Great job!
love the shot
I totally know what you mean! My 2 accidents were not nearly as bad as yours, but still scary. My cars were totaled both times. And I avoid the road at all costs! So that was a brave photo!!
Oh wow what a great photo to take. That will make a great addition to your album. God will continue to get you through that corner each time you drive it!!!
I'm glad you took this photo for yourself. It might help you to heal a bit. It will always bring up memories as you drive by. But hopefully it will get easier. I'm glad you will all be "celebrating life" this September.
I know EXACTLY where that is!! I know exactly what you mean. I have a very hard time driving through the parking lot where the lady PLOWED into me! Good job.
Post a Comment