Wednesday, July 09, 2008

July 9th - PAD

July 9th is not really one of my favorite days. It is the anniversary of my uncle's death - my mom's oldest brother. I was just a kid when he passed away - maybe around Stevie's age - but I remember it well because it was the first time I saw my mother cry. Thankfully though, much to my surprise, today actually turned out to be a rather nice day. I had to meet with my lawyer today and so I took a picture of his office building. I wasn't really looking forward to it but I knew we had to talk about getting ready for our settlement talk later in the month with the other insurance company regarding the accident from September. Turns out we won the full amount allowed before I even set foot in his office. That was a welcome relief and I actually cried from feeling so overwhelmed...we are almost done. That was the first part of my lawsuit. Now Dan and I are moving on to the second part which may not go quite as easily but at least we are almost ready to get this all behind us. My sister and my brother are ready to "get off the merry go round" now though - as our lawyer put it. And speaking of Dan and the accident, he finally go clearance to go back to work since his back surgery - finally! And even more good news...my dad got a job! He lost his job a couple of months ago and so things have been tough but today...it felt like all of our planets were in alignment! LOL! Maybe my uncle was up there pulling some strings for us?! (So if you are listening Uncle George, if you could pull a few more strings to help prevent me from having another surgery on my wrist that would be SO great! xoxoxo) ;)

8 comments:

Snappy Chique said...

today was a big day for you in many ways.

great shot of the building

Latharia said...

I am so glad for you ... that deserves to be your photo for the day!!

kaj said...

Definitely Uncle George looking down on you. Funny how things happen that way. Glad to hear the legal stuff is heading your way, now to get your wrist feeling better.

crazierinreallife said...

glad things went well. love the angle of this photo

Chiara said...

I like the picture and so glad the stars seem to be alighning

Dalovely Damanda said...

today WAS a good day for you! HUGS! :)

MichelleStrachan said...

Congrats on a great day, Heather!

Lis said...

I'm glad you had some good things happen on this day.