Thursday, July 24, 2008

PAD - July 23rd


I snapped a picture of my little brainiac tonight while he was reading. Stevie has been reading since he was about 2 years old and loves it. Even when he was little he preferred the bookstore over the toy store. You know, when we took him to Disneyland in CA he was about 14 months old...and out of all the things he saw all he wanted was a book.

Steve and I are so happy that he has kept that love of reading. He is so smart and he learns so much when he is reading. It is not uncommon to see him with a book of some sort in his hand on a daily basis. Last summer he read 50 books in order to earn a Nintendo Wii...and his sister did her part too by reading 30 books. He was reading a Star Wars book on this occasion but his favorite books to read our the non-fiction books.

6 comments:

Chiara said...

good for him and I think it is awesome that you gave him a goal for the Wii

Johnna said...

Love it when kids read - awesome picture!

Dawn Lindstrom said...

It is wonderful to see him reading. I wish all children could love reading, because you can go to many magical places through books.

kaj said...

Way to go, Stevie! I wish Daniel loved to read like his sister, but I guess it is just not in the cards.

Snappy Chique said...

he looks so comfy!!! it is wonderful the he loves to read!

Dalovely Damanda said...

such a cool photo! I love seeing kids read!