
Not really the prettiest thing to look at is it? I recently changed the way I drive to work in the morning and so now I drive past this old drive-thru beverage store everyday. It is obviously closed these days, but when I was a kid my mom and I would drive in at least once a week. She almost always got the same things too...a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk, and a pack of Virgina Slims. (Thankfully she quit smoking some 25+ years ago). I can remember this place like it was yesterday...I thought it was the coolest thing and it was nice that we didn't have to get out of the car - even in the rain. A drive-thru convenience store - brilliant! I can't imagine why it is no longer in business -- seems pretty ingenious to me. And how great would that be when Steve wants me to pick up something on my way home from work?!
2 comments:
we have one of these in town too. great memory to go with the photo!
That's a neat memory. I wonder why they haven't changed the motif?
Post a Comment