I had my dr's appt today to see about the future of my wrist...and while I am still going to have pain - especially when it is cold or rains, I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER SURGERY! I could have hugged him I was so happy! He said that it would not really help me as far as my pain goes or my mobility. I am supposed to keep working on my mobility and keep taking the Relafen. He says he can tell a difference in the inflammation since my initial visit with him so the medication is obviously doing it's job. In about 2 weeks I am supposed to cut back to one pill a day rather than 2 to see if that will still work...not supposed to take any other inflammatories though. I go back again in 6 weeks. I just can't even tell you how happy I am not to be looking at another surgery. He said unless I am having major problems down the road or my pins start popping out, I will be fine without it...and he says that is pretty rare.
I asked the dr if I could take a picture of my x-rays since my kids have never seen the metal plate and 5 pins - I think Stevie will especially think it is cool. I have 3 pins across the top of the plate and then 2 at the bottom...you can even see my heart bracelet I was wearing today - it was a Valentine's Day gift from Steve and the kids a couple of years ago.
6 comments:
Cool photo.
love that you can see your bracelet in the photo! SO GLAD you don't need another surgery!!
Very cool!!!!
I am so glad that you don't have to have another surgery. Cool photo!!
OK, this is an awesome photo
I am so happy for you!! I wish you didn't have ANY pain!!
Post a Comment