Man oh MAN, the weather is cRaZy here today. Severe storms and tornados. I woke up to a tornado warning this morning and it got so loud outside we actually woke up the kids and headed to the closet...a definite first for us! We don't usually get too many tornado warnings in these parts and we have already had two. At least one of them touched down near us. I decided I don't really get paid near enough to make it worth my while to drive in this weather so I called into work and I kept both kiddos home from school. Alyson has set up a little camp in my husand's closet ;)
Since I have a little free time I thought I would share one of my recent projects.
Are these not gorgeous or what?
I decided to start out small and found a vase that I wanted to use with some cute ceramic white birds I found on clearance at Michael's.
My vase was just one of those clear glass vases that at one time had some very pretty flowers in them from my hubby. I had some white spray paint already (although just as I started spray painting I realized it was actually primer...but it worked out just fine - not really sure it made a difference.)
| cute, right? |
I taped up my vase and got ready to paint...
Not sure if you saw my Pottery Barn Inspired post but I had the first project I shared in mind as I was painting this vase and when I saw those ceramic birds on clearance at M's.
![]() |
| Adorable, right? |
Really happy with how my "milk glass" vase turned out and I just love it with my little birds...I just think they are so sweet.
SO sweet in fact that I ended snagging FOUR...but they WERE on clearance ;)
Like I said, not as fancy...but I am happy with it for now. I am not much of a floral arranger either so please don't judge me too harshly. Maybe I will get lucky and find some cheap white plates at the thrift store or Ross next time I get a chance to go.
A big thank you to Madigan Made and Roeschel from The DIY Show Off for all the inspiration. And speaking of Madigan Made inspiration...will be sharing my mirror turned chalkboard inspired by her as well very soon :)


1 comment:
Oooh. I LOVE the way your vase turned out! And the little white birds look perfect next to it.
Simple and sweet for spring. (I loved Roeschel's centerpiece... great inspiration.)
Thanks for the lovely shoutout, too!
BTW - I'm sharing a link to this post later tonight on FB. http://www.facebook.com/madiganmadeblog
Post a Comment