Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday Scrapbooking

This is first Saturday in a long time where I didn't have to be anywhere or do anything in particular.  It is a gorgeous day around these parts and so we have the windows opened.  I am enjoying an easy day of just being home...*sigh*

I am still working on cleaning and organizing...but at my own leisurely pace and in between bouts of said cleaning and organizing I am also spending time catching up on blog reading and scrapbooking.  It has been so long since I have actually felt relaxed.  I refuse to let anyone or anything get to me this weekend.

So in honor of the scrapbooking I am doing I thought I would share a layout...and since Disney is my Happy Place...I am going to share one of my favorite Disney layouts I did not too long ago.

The picture was taken back in May of 2003.  We were living in Seattle at the time and flew back to Florida for my brother's high school graduation.  Sorry to say it...but I don't like to fly -- in fact, it down right terrifies me!  So, as much as l love my brother and sisters, it was the thought of finally getting to take my kids to Walt Disney World in Orlando that actually got me on the plane.  In fact, we were on the inaugural  flight for Alaska Airlines non-stop from Seattle to Orlando (changing planes doesn't work for me either -- just sayin')

My kids were in love with Stitch at the time...my daughter more so than my son.  Do you know as we stood in line to meet him the first time (because yes, anyone who has or ever had a 2 year old in their lives KNOWS you will have to see/read/hear their favorite movies, books, songs etc over and over so please be assured that Disney was no exception to this!)  so anyway, that first time we waited and waited and she even stomped her precious little foot and yelled out to everyone around us "I WANNA SEE STITCH!"...and then when we got there...she freaked out and cried!  LMAO!  Just classic!

THIS picture was taken a couple of days later and Alyson was obviously a little more comfortable with the characters by this time...especially her beloved Stitch.


I can't take credit for the adorable paper piecing of Stitch...an online friend made that for me years ago but I knew it would be perfect for this layout.  Looking at the picture makes me MISS my kids being babies...MISS being that skinny...and CRINGE because I can't believe I ever cut my hair THAT short!  WHAT was I thinking?!  LOL!


Hope you are having a great Saturday :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally cute! We loved Stitch too -- in our 2007 trip that was all my middle one was looking forward to -- STITCH... Hey have I sent you a link before to check out:
http://disneyscrappers.ning.com/

Jill Oriente said...

How cute! We have a couple Stitch pics from D-land last summer...

Latharia said...

Too cute! Glad you had a chance to reflect & reminisce ... and SCRAP! I'm still waiting for a span of time to play ... seems like every free moment is absorbed by something related to the adoption process!