Sunday, February 06, 2011

52 Photos

This year I am taking part in something called 52 Photos.  I am taking one photo a week for 2011.  I stumbled across this on the i love it all blog -- seriously one of my favorite places in Blogland these days.  After doing the Project 365 in 2009, I was a little burned out on the picture taking -- hard to believe, I know, given that I am a scrapbooker but alas, tis true.  I love the idea of the 52 photos though and she shares a prompt or theme each week for your photo which should keep things interesting.

I have been taking my photos but have been late to the party when it comes to posting...story of my life *sigh*  Oh well, better late than never, right?

1/52...Happy New Year 2011


2/52...Independent

My first thought when I saw the theme was 'Independent' was my son.
He is turning 12 this June...I can hardly believe it.  He never ceases to amaze me.  He is so smart and has such a kind and tender heart.  He is a true threat on the soccer field and is just growing more and more independent with each passing day.  I am so proud of the young man he is becoming but I miss my little mama's boy too.

3/52...Evening


An evening out with my sweet girl.  She had been having such a tough time lately, so while Daddy and Big Brother were at soccer practice we treated ourselves to Starbucks goodies, shopping at the mall and dinner.  It was so nice to see her smiling and happy when she went to bed that night rather than the tears of late.

4/52...Shadow


As soon as I read the theme was 'Shadow' I knew right away that I wanted to snap a simple picture of me and my little family.  This was taken at the soccer field.  That's my handsome guy on the left end, then my hunky husband, followed by my diva darling of a daughter and then of course ME, holding the camera.

Superbowl is over, unfortunately the Steelers got beat :(  I am a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan first and formost but since I was born in Pennsylvania I have always cheered on the Steeler as well.  Congrats to all the Packers fans out there...they played a great game.  And now, I can get ready to get my GLEE on before bed and before I start the work week :)


3 comments:

Sarah said...

love the idea behind the 52 weeks. And love love LOVE the shadow family picture. awesome~

Dalovely Damanda said...

Great idea instead of 365 photos! Love what you've got so far!

Crystelle Boutique said...

Great idea! I love the photo of the clock! You are so super smart!