Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My baby girl is 7!

I can hardly believe that my little girl is 7 years old...seriously?! How did it happen so fast? I know it really is so cliche but the time has just flown by. I am so thankful that she is still a cuddle bug, always ready with a hug and an "I love you" (so unlike her big brother!)

We had her birthday party this past Saturday. She wanted a "Littlest Pet Shop" theme. I was sure she was going to want a Webkinz theme and so that is what I had been planning and thinking about - but then she changed her mind on me! (a girls' perogative, I suppose!) I had to rethink all of my ideas on the cake and for those of you who know me, you know that a store bought cake is NOT and option...so I stressed over how to make an LPS cake. In the end I think it turned out okay and Alyson was over the moon about it so that is really all that mattered. She was so excited while I was making that cake and stood by my side the whole time...just chit chatting away and telling me how much she loved me and how I was the best mom because I was making her a Littlest Pet Shop cake, etc...gotta love it! When I was done she said it was the best cake I had ever made...well, except for the Ariel one! LOL!

Anyway, she had a great time at her party with her friends and her waterslide - she even put on a little "concert" in her room! I think even the adults that stayed to play had fun too!

So, now in about 2 weeks I get to do it all again...for a 9 year old little boy...who is all about Pokemon (insert me rolling my eyes here! LOL!)







4 comments:

Chiara said...

awesome pictures so glad she had a fun day

Latharia said...

Oh, the cake turned out wonderfully! And they all look like they're having so much fun! I'm glad it all turned out great!

scrapperjen said...

Great pictures!
I love the cake - you're hired!
Happy Belated B-day!

Angie said...

Heather that cake is awesome!! I may have to steal the idea, I have a Littlest Pet Shop cake that I will be making soon for Peyton's birthday.