Thursday, September 01, 2011

Happy September!

Happy September 1st!

Happy Fall Ya’ll!!


I {HEART} Fall…unfortunately, living in Florida we don’t really get much in the way of Fall...but it can still be a fun time of year. This time of year definitely makes me miss living in Seattle…being able to see the leaves change color, taking the kids to a REAL pumpkin patch…*sigh*…I do SO miss those times. I can remember as a young girl I swore I never wanted to move away from Florida…then I fell in love and moved to Minnepolis…then we made our way to Chicago…and then Seattle. I was so excited to finally make our way back to Florida again but…there are those times when I REALLY miss having 4 REAL seasons and Seattle was truly a beautiful place to live…despite that earthquake in 2001 (talk about scary! YIKES!)

In honor of September 1st, I have decided to turn over a new leaf (and yes, that pun was TOTALLY intentional!) More and more I find myself letting things fall to the wayside and making excuses for myself…and then eventually I just feel bad and disappointed in myself. I want to change that. I NEED to change that. And today seems like as good a day to start as any.  Yes, I work full-time, yes I am a wife and yes I am blessed with 2 beautiful children...but that doesn't mean I don't have time for ME...right?!

I am taking part in Shimelle’s Learn Something New Every Day class again this year. I started last year but basically gave up on myself. I am giving it another shot this year and I am hopeful that it will help me get back on track all around. I am excited too because I have a buddy for the class this year. She is in the UK – how cool is that? I am super excited to have someone keeping me on track and hopefully I can do the same for her and I love that I just might get a new friend as well.

I love scrapbooking and being creative and writing on my blog (even if not a lot of people are reading it – I am okay with that…I just love that I can share if I want too.) but I fuss about being what I consider “on time” or perfect and then end up not following through because I haven’t met one of my own stupid limitations. I am the only one holding myself back. (HEY, maybe that is my lesson learned today?!)

Since as Shimelle says, today is The First Day of School, I thought I would share this layout of me coming back from my very first day of 1st grade…


Do you see me?  I am that crazy one running like the wind and surrounded by that halo of bling! ;)  You see that gal next to me in those marvelous maroon pants and off white t-shirt...that is my friend Christie and can I just tell you that I am still friends with her...how cool is that?  Gonna see her tomorrow night in fact for our Floppy Hats and Stilettos Book Club meeting! (say THAT 3 times fast!)


HAPPY SEPTEMBER and HAPPY FALL! :)