See him...yep, the one in the orange and blue goalie jersey...he's mine! He has come such a long way in playing soccer. He has been playing now for about 4 years. Being the goalie and playing defense is what he loves to do and he has really gotten good at it. He actually just made the team for his middle school as a goalie and sweeper -- he is very excited about that. He has gained great confidence and developed a NO FEAR attitude...although there are times when I wish he had just a little bit of fear in him...see THIS shot...
You KNOW my heart was in my chest watching my little guy (okay, so he's not necessarily a little guy any more at 11 years old and in 6th grade...) dive for that ball in amongst those players...especially with the opponent's foot coming right at his face! (thankfully he did not get hit in the face!) He made the stop and quite a few more like it throughout the game. It was definitely his best game ever. I am SO proud of him...please feel free to call me a Soccer Mom any time ;)
OH...and you see this guy...
the one there in the center...with the glasses and the black jacket...he's their coach...and my hunk <3
(Now if I could just find a way to instill some of that same confidence and No Fear attitude in my daughter we would be good to go...any suggestions?!)



3 comments:
My youngest plays a little soccer but I'm a wrestling mom. Never would have thought when oldest started wrestling that i'd be the one screaming 'get back to your base!!!' 'SHOOT! SHOOT!' on the sidelines, and joking about feeding his teammates cookies to bump them off-weight... but here I am.
Those are some great shots. So glad that Stevie found somethng he loves.
Hang in there with Aly she will figure it out. I swear it is so hard being a kid today.
YAY, Heather! You did an awesome job and now I get to come check out your piece of blogland! :) There is no shame in being a soccer mom! It just means you love your kiddos to pieces! I'm not one yet (my little guy is only one), but I hope to be one day. :)
As far as your little chica goes, I remember it being hard even at 9 at school some days. I was always happiest when I was part of a team or club. In smaller groups, it's easier to make friends and they already like the things you like. :)
Thanks so much for swinging by Crafts & Sutch! :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Erin
Post a Comment