So, here's hoping your New Year is starting out better than mine.
Not only did I have to go back to work on Monday but then yesterday I woke up with a yucky stomach bug -- and that's putting it nicely! ;) I started feeling better late in the afternoon and figured I could putz around and slowly put the Christmas stuff away and then I wouldn't feel like my whole day was wasted. I have to say, I made pretty darn good progress and was feeling pretty good about it...and then as I was walking in the garage, carrying a big rubbermaid bin to put on the shelf, I sliced my finger. AAH! I felt it happen but actually figured it was just a scrape since it didn't hurt initially....then I saw the blood...and left a trail from the garage to the kitchen sink. Of course it was just me and my Diva Darling home since Daddy and Stevie were out at soccer practice. God bless my baby girl though, she didn't even flinch...came to check on me then grabbed the windex and paper towels to clean up the blood and then got me the first aid kit. As much as she can make me crazy, she really comes through for her mommy <3
Needless to say, once the initial shock wore off, the pain set in. GOOD GRACIOUS! It is pretty deep and right on my knuckle...of my index finger...of my right hand...and yep, I am right-handed. FANtastic! (Thankfully, I think I can get away without having stitches!) It is all bruised and swollen and I can hardly bend it which has made writing at the office today quite tricky...it is my "mouse-clicking" finger though and I couldn't even use it when I pulled the hairspray out this morning! It is amazing how difficult little things we take for granted can be when you lose the simple mobility of one finger...there's a couple other things I could tell you about but that might end up being a little TMI! ;)
Not sure how my scrapbooking and creating is going to go know that I am slightly handicapped -- or would it be fingercapped?! Crossing my fingers (don't worry, I am crossing the ones on my left hand!) that it will heal quickly and not hamper too many things. My Diva Darling finished her science project last night so I am free to get back to creating! Anxious to get my Gratitude Journal put together :)
And speaking of creating...if you are a scrapbooker with a lot of stash (seriously, if you are a scrapbooker without a huge stash, I would love to know your secret!) come on over to The House of Paper for the January Use Your Stash Challenge...who wouldn't love to win a gift certificate to The House of Paper Store so you can add MORE to your stash?!
No comments:
Post a Comment