Thursday, January 13, 2011

She makes me CrAZy!

Do you see this girl?


She makes me CRAZY!

Don't get me wrong, I love her more than words can say but man how she can make me nuts....and break my heart :(



Last night she cried and cried for over an hour.  It wasn't any ONE thing, it seemed to be a LOT of things.  I guess even at 9 years old, us girls can still have a breakdown.  I have never felt more helpless than when I was listening and trying to console my little girl last night.

I am the first to admit though, that my girl has a flair for the dramatics...hence the reason I tend to call her my Diva Darling...although her Diva-ness only really shows itself at home.  At school she is quiet and shy...tends to be a follower rather than a leader.  I wish I could help her bring out the Diva when she is not home.  I wish I could help her not to give up so easily on herself or let others bring her down so quickly. 

She is emotional and tends to take things too much to heart and too personally.  She takes after her momma in that respect...yes, I can admit it.  Although at 37 years old I think I am finally growing out it...well, for the most part anyway! ;)  She thinks no one cares about her at school, that she is invisible, no one likes her, etc...drama queen, yes?  But at the same time I could see the hurt in her eyes last night...and it broke my heart.

If it is like this at 9 years old...WHAT will it be like when she hits 13?  or 16?  I worry that she will continually feel bad about herself and be miserable.  I can remember what it was like in school...feeling left out...not having the confidence in myself at that time to know that I was just fine the way I was.  I don't think any of us actually hear what our parents are trying to tell us until we are in adulthood and realize they really DID get it...well, at least SOME of the time ;)

I put a card in her lunchbox today telling her how much I love her and promised her some girl time...just her and I tonight while big brother and daddy do the soccer thing.  I am praying she will be feeling better when she gets home from school today and that knowing how much she is loved and cared about at home will make things seem a little brighter.


6 comments:

debs2107 said...

Such a sweet post. Make sure to always be there for her, she's gonna need you there during those tough times. I wish I had my mom there for me in times like those.

Paige said...

Poor thing! I have two boys and they're younger so we haven't had much emotional drama yet. I found you through 52Photos on Flickr. Thanks for sharing your blog. Mine is http://www.paperstarfish.prettyposies.com

sharon71 said...

She looks like a beautiful child. As the mum of a 2 year old Diva I can't even imagine the future dramas.

I found you from 52in52 and look forward to seeing more of your photos and blog over the year.

sharon71

sharon71 said...

I blog over here:

http://quiltsister.wordpress.com/

sharon71

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Heather, I feel your pain :) I have a 4th grade daughter that just turned 10, and there are days where I think the PMS has kicked in! Such moodiness. She's a little on the shy side too, sensitive, and more of a follower but she does have a good circle of friends so that helps. I have an older son too, but I think it's the girls who are going to need more support ;) Good luck.

PS Love the idea of the note in the lunch box!

Michaela said...

Well you are the sweetest mama (: You remind me of my mom and your daughter seems a lot like how I was when I was her age. Definitely a leader and a bit of a Diva at home, but super passive and a follower in elementary school. There's good news: she'll grow out of it.

I used to come home crying every day from school and actually switched schools after 3rd grade, because some other girls were super mean to me. Looking back on reasons I'd cry I think they were silly...but to a 7,8, or 9 year old they're horrifying. My mom would always write me notes and cut my sandwiches in heart shapes. It meant the world to me and would always make me smile. Know that you're doing the right thing (: Little notes and letters are my love language, so I'm sure your daughter loves them!

In middle school I started becoming a leader. I decided that I would stand up for myself and be confident. That's the key...once I started being confident in my own self and beauty and my own talents, I became a leader. In high school I was in theatre productions, ASB, planned all the school dances and had tons of friends. The biggest thing I've learned since being in college and looking back on my younger years, is to be confident and be passionate about your talents and gifts (: Your little girl is beautiful and she will do great things in her life. She just has to believe it! xo