I am going to vent right now. And yes, it is in regards to politics. Consider yourself warned. I have held my tongue long enough and since this is my blog and I can say whatever I want…I am going to do just that. I respect other people and their opinions, but right now I get to express mine.
No, I did not vote for Obama. Yes, it is a wonderful thing for this country that we have our first African American President and I certainly do not take that away from him. It would appear that our country has come so far. I however do not agree with many of his policies. I will pray for him and our country. I will treat him with the respect that he deserves as this country’s President.
That being said, I am utterly disgusted with the vast majority of this country’s democratic party as well as the obviously liberal media. How anyone can say this country’s media is NOT biased most certainly has blinders on. I am not one to be easily offended but that latter part of the benediction given by Rev. Joseph Lowery at the inauguration yesterday was uncalled for, and I am absolutely offended. This was beyond the realms of simply being rude. This was downright insulting. I can hardly believe this was considered acceptable and actually allowed at a federal ceremony. I can not see how a comment about “whites embracing what is right” will ever help unite this country. People are people – not their color. We are the human race. Why must whites be stigmatized for things that were done well over a hundred years ago – which, by the way, many white people died trying to stop?! Had a white person made any sort of derogatory comment like that about another race it would be all over the news and “racist” shouts would be heard from miles away. I am utterly sick and tired of it. Enough is enough already.
The lack of class shown by some who call themselves democrats is pathetic as well. I saw a lot of people commenting to others less than thrilled to have Obama as President that they should at least be respectful of him. I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. However, what about that lack of respect shown to George W. Bush yesterday?! Apparently that is different?! I find it nauseating how he was treated. It shows a complete lack of class and an absolute inability to even behave in a civilized manner. The behavior was reminiscent of drunks at a sporting event. I don’t care if you liked him or not – how dare people in this country treat a man who took one of the hardest jobs in the world like that! No he didn’t always make the right choice for everyone, he isn’t perfect – nor is any other president. They ALL make mistakes. They ALL make Americans angry at some point. They ALL deserve respect. Period.
As much as I would LOVE to see and be a part of an actual “ United” States of America, I don’t see it happening any time soon. I was hardly inspired after some of the events of yesterday and, try as I might, I am not full of a whole lot of hope either. Yesterday had so much potential but unfortunately left me more disappointed than anything. Disappointed and tired. The hypocrisy in this country is enormous.
7 comments:
you know I didn't watch a lot of the coverage I had actual work to do so I didn't here the benediction. I did hear parts of the President's speech and wish him a lot of luck. I miss respect and manners. Simple things like please and thank you.
AMEN Heather!! I refused to even watch!!
I'm with you. I didn't watch any of it, because I knew my blood pressure would be through the roof with the commentators and such.
I pray for Obama and his family. The Presidential position is not one I envy. It is diffcult and aging (just look at entry and exit photos of each of the presidents).
However, I can't say I'm looking forward to more socialism. (Not that there aren't things to reform--those are absolutely there, but I think we need to go away from big government, not make it bigger--one of Bush's huge failings that I was horribly disappointed in).
I totaly agree with you Heather... well said :o)
Heather,
I am a blog lurker, but can't help but feel the need to post a reply.
Your entry has hit the nail on the head. The media is so biased. The negative comment towards whites were not necessary and as you mentioned, if the statement had been reversed...what a stink it would have raised!
I did not vote for Obama either, but will show him respect and pray for him. Pray that he makes good decisions for our Country.
Thanks for voicing your opinions. It is your blog and you shouldn't feel bad about speaking your mind. I commend you and could not agree more with your statements.
Melinda
Amen!! I did not vote for Obama, I watched bits and pieces with hope for a change, and with pride that I live in a country as great as the USA.
His comments were not only rude, but racist. The media is biased and it is that simple.
I do pray for President Obama and for the people of this great nation.
~stands and applaudes you~
I was at working and was watching the whole thing through facebook. I finally had to turn it off...not because of the coverage but because of all the horrible comments directed at the Bushes by the sore winners.
Those same people (on facebook) are the one preaching tolerence tolerence tolerence and are the most INTOLERENT ones around.
Thank you for posting this.
Post a Comment