Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bloody Mary! Bloody Mary! Bloody Mary!

When I was a kid I can remember being told that if you go into the bathroom and turn off all the lights then say "Bloody Mary" into the mirror 13 times then a blood covered woman would come out of the mirror and scratch your face off! (okay, insert a picture of me rolling my eyes here! LOL!) I can remember believing it too. I am sure you are wondering why on earth I would be writing about this but it seems my 7 y.o. learned of the "Bloody Mary" legend yesterday at school...although the version is slightly different...it seems he was told that if he says "Bloody Mary" into the mirror 10 times then he will die. The poor little guy was crying hysterically last night shortly after bed and he was absolutely terrified! Steve and I took him into the bathroom to show him that it wasn't true and he was better after that. It seems the little girl who told him about it has at least one older sibling so my guess is they were trying to scare her. I can only imagine what other legends he is going to come home with fearing they are true! And I can't believe it is already happening in 2nd grade!

So I'm curious...what legends can you remember being afraid of as a kid...I would love to hear one - or two! ;)

2 comments:

K G said...

Awww....poor thing. Some older kids are just not using their heads with younger siblings. LOL! And yes,I remember doing "Bloody Mary" at midnight...thinking that something was going to "pop" out of the mirror. GEEZ!!!

Rachel V. said...

Oh poor guy!!! I never heard that "Bloody Mary" story. Maybe I'm too old. *wink*