Sunday, November 13, 2011

Making my own Fall color...

Living in Florida, we don't get much in the way of Fall color.  Makes me miss living in Seattle...the beautiful colors of the leaves, trips to the pumpkin patch, the crispness in the air...pure Autumnal Bliss. *sigh*

Things looked so sparse once I got the Halloween goodies packed away so I decided to add just a touch of fall color around the house before Christmas takes over in full force. 

I have some branches on the top of our entertainment center -- normally they are pretty bare but for Halloween we had a few bats making their home among them.  I came across some fabric fall leaves my mom gave me a couple years ago and decided to add a few to my branches so I could enjoy a little fall color. 


I didn't want to attach them permanently so I just grabbed a needle and thread and went about tieing them on the branches wherever I saw fit...


My cute little scarecrows thought it would be a great place to hang out...



So now I can enjoy this view in our family room...for a couple of weeks anyway...



My Diva Princess had a little fun playing in the leftover leaves...




HAPPY FALL YA'LL!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you let your princess play with the leftover leaves afterwards :) So much fun! Oh, and the project turned out great too...

Thanks for linking to Totally Tutorial Tuesday.
Jessica

Chris said...

Hi Heather, you can always find Fall craft stuff at the Dollar Store, LOL but yours looks great. I can see how you would miss the Fall now that you are in Florida, but, hey, who wouldn't want to be in Florida? I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

Jen Mc said...

I'm glad you could make your own fall. :)

Unknown said...

Such FUN!!! DH is from Florida so he is experienced in the missing seasons!

scrapbookertink said...

Hi Heather, popped over from disneyscrappers loving your blog, great ideas for Halloween, loving it, tkae care, Doreen x

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Super cute!
Regarding the looking glass spray. Michael's had it in a differen't area then the spraypaint section. I am so glad I asked becuase I was about to leave. Hope you can find some!
Thanks for the visit!
XO
Kristin

PK HREZO said...

Too cute!
I wish we had more color.. but I love your centerpiece! You are always such a great decorator and fab hostess! :)