I decided I wanted to be a corpse bride...
Ideally, I would have loved to have looked like the one from Tim Burton's Corpse Bride movie but since the costumes were either too cheesy,too sleazy, or just too dang expensive, I opted to try and make my own version...plus hers is more blue and I needed to stick with the black and white theme.
I was lucky enough to get a deal on a dress from a thrift store...$20! The only bummer was the zipper didn't work well, but since I am blessed to have a mother who is a seamstress she took the zipper out and made it so I could just lace the back up with ribbon.
This is what the dress looked like BEFORE...

I grabbed some scissors and went crazy on the hem...
I put some black Rit Dye and hot water in a bucket and stuck the bottom of the dress in and let it soak for awhile. I added some tulle as well since I knew I was going to attempt to make some sort of veil.
I had also found some fabric spray paint and used it to spray the top of the dress as well. I couldn't believe it when I saw fabric spray paint...WHO KNEW?! The magic of spray paint for fabric!!
My mom also had a tiara I could use for my veil so I just handstitched the tulle around it and that was it.
I felt pretty good with how it turned out...and I was especially happy to have my costume done for a total cost of about $25! What do you think? Would you wear it?











13 comments:
you look awesome!!! i love your face paint, and necklace, and pictures of your veil blowing in the wind!
Really cute and creative! Thanks for linking up! I am showing this off on my blog Saturday evening!
Ashley
www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com
LOVE it!!!
SOOOO glad I found your blog!!! I love the stuff you have made!!!
How awesome!!!! If I could fit into it....yes I would wear it and have fun.....
Love it.You did great job.
Stephanie
oh my gosh, i want to go to a witch's ball! amazing! i love the zombied makeup and that fab necklace!
So cool! I love what you did with the dress. Thanks for joining my Halloween Party!
This turned out pretty darned good. Thanks for linking up to Totally Tutorial Tuesday.
Jessica
Totally agree with you on how most either look skimpy or sleezly, but this is perfection!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Shelley
www.westermanfam.blogspot.com
That turned out great! Awesome costume
This is great! Thanks for the inspiration!
AMAZING!!!!
You looked dynamite! You put so much detail into this costume... it turned out fantastic!
Post a Comment