Monday, December 01, 2008

Journal Your Christmas - December 1st

Today is the day...the first day of Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas. I have really been looking forward to doing this this year and am feeling pretty good at having gotten the first day done! I am letting go and just keeping things simple. Both in my journal and in my home. For years we have been saying that Christmas has become too commercial and too much about getting gifts, this year Steve and I both agree that is going to change.




Journaling reads: This Christmas I will make something with my own hands, my own words and my own memories. Starting today, December 1st, 2008, I will keep a Christmas journal. Each day I will use this journal to reflect on those things that are essential to making mine and my family’s Christmas merry and bright. I hope that by taking the time every day to do this I will be able to make the most of this Christmas and reclaim the joy of the season. I hope to teach my children the real meaning of Christmas this year and to keep it alive and well in my home, my heart and my children’s hearts. This year, it is not about how many gifts are under our tree and getting everything we want. It is about the precious gifts of our family and friends and wanting what we already have.

4 comments:

Latharia said...

Awesome work, Heather! Love the journaling the most!!!!!

Johnna said...

Love this, Heather! Beautiful journaling and a very pretty page.

Lauren said...

sweet page

Carrie said...

Pretty! Can't wait to see more!