Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Journal Your Christmas (12/2) - Snow Day

My journal entry for today...


I had some fun with this one...used all old stash too!

Journaling reads: I confess, sometimes I miss the snow. Most of the time - well, not so much! LOL! But at Christmas time, I must admit, it would be nice to look out the window and see the world covered in a beautiful blanket of snowy white glistening in the sunlight. When we lived in Seattle I use to love watching the snow fall. There is nothing like the look of freshly fallen snow. I loved seeing the kids all bundled up with just their rosy cheeks and perfect little red noses peeking out.

The kids miss the snow sometimes too. I remember just a couple of years ago in 2006, Alyson was in Kindergarten. I picked her and Stevie up from school as usual and we were walking out to the car just before the Christmas Break and Alyson told me she wanted it to snow. Of course, we don’t typically get snow here in Florida and so I told her that I was pretty sure that wasn’t going to happen. Apparently she did not like that answer and proceeded to throw a nice big tantrum, complete with tears and stamping feet, all the while crying out that she wanted to see snow! Oh the looks on the faces of the parents around me was quite humorous! All I could really do was laugh and shake my head.

One of these years I am sure we will get back up to the north somewhere to see the snow…for now though we have our memories.

Today I was able to leave work a little early and head over to Alyson's dance class...it is Parent Observation Week. Normally they are behind closed doors so we don't get to see what they are working on. Alyson is taking a hip hop class...at 7 years old it doesn't tend to actually look like hip hop dancing but oh my goodness, it was just so fun to watch! My little girl may not be the best dancer out there but she was definitely having SO much fun. I think it is safe to say that this year is the most fun she has had in dance. Her teacher is really great with all the kids and I know I have used the word a bit already, but she makes things fun! I took some video of a dance they did tonight...a little too tired to upload it tonight but I will try and do it tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be another fun day for me too! We are going to an autograph signing for one of our favorite Buccaneers players! SWEET! Pictures FOR SURE on that one! One of these days I need to start THAT scrapbook!

3 comments:

Linda said...

fabulous journaling and great page. i love that you incorporated an old memory!!

Chiara said...

journalling and I remember you telling me about the tantrum. Can't wait to see the video

Michelle said...

Thanks for the comment on my layout (www.evolutionofawoman.wordpress.com). Love your blog, looks like you are squeezing all the sweet juice out of life!