Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Simple Pleasures

I had a rough end to my week last week and so I have been putting off Beryl's Blog Challenge from House of Paper but quite honestly it has truly been the simplest of pleasures that have helped me get through my heartache. Turns out my girlfriend was right...once I thought more about what she said...it hurt - a lot...and yep, now I am pretty ticked. She hurt me more than I would have thought a friend like her could. *sigh* Oh well, right? I guess we just see our friendship differently now...who would have thought. I always considered her "my person" (if you are a Gray's fan then I know you totally got that.)

So, on to my simple pleasures right now. Of course it goes without saying that a hug and a kiss from either of my kids of my hubby is always a pleasure...or when I get to snuggle with any of them at the end of the day.
Reading has become a wonderful escape as of late. Can I just tell you that I am totally in love with a vampire right now?! Who would have thought I could become so engrossed in what is really more of a saga meant for those a few years younger than me?! I totally blame Amanda! I am half way done with the 3rd book and will be anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 4th (Susanne totally rocks, BTW!) I am even planning to go see the Twilight movie when it comes out on November 21st...thanks again Amanda! ;)

Another simple pleasure for me is being able to keep up with my House Homies while I am at work...and on this particular morning I came in to find the gift of this bumper sticker on my desk from a co-worker and having my morning coffee out of this flamingo cup was enough to bring a huge grin on my face! Now before you Obama fans start getting all fired up...don't. I don't care who you are voting for and I am not posting this to cause an uproar...I was so happy to have this at my desk because it meant my manager would stay away for most of the day (yep, he is voting Obama) which made it much easier for me to squeeze in a few more pages in the Twilight Saga while sipping my coffe and posting to The House of Paper. One of the other Obama supporters in my office was contemplating getting one for his office door to ward off management as well! LOL!

The House of Paper is not the only website I visit on a daily basis...I love reading The Pioneer Woman's blog as well. She makes me want to put us all in wrangler jeans, boots and cowboy hats and become ranchers! She has such a way with words and the way she writes...man she can crack you up and then turn around and make you cry! Gotta love it! LOL!

My brother works at the same company I do know...yep, he owes me so big! One of the nice things about that though is that I actually see him on occasion...and just the other day we even had a chance to go out to lunch together since he was in the office for a change rather than having to be in the field. We enjoyed a couple of beers and a great lunch at Tanks. I tell you what...a nice Stella Blonde at 1pm on a Friday was just what the dr ordered...and in a beautiful Buccaneers glass....perfecto!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm sorry something happened with you and a friend - that stinks when thinks aren't as you thought they were. SO glad you are reading the Twilight Saga - I've read them all atleast twice and they are wonderful. I, too am in love with a vampire. Can't wait for the movie!! Hope your week is better - I've had some pretty hard times lately, too - but it always makes you appreciate the good days!!

kaj said...

Love your bumper sticker!!
I live in the wrong neighborhood. Everyone around here has Obama signs in their yard. My son has even considered vandalism to take care of that, but we have talked about how that would be wrong. LOL!
Sorry about your friend.

Dalovely Damanda said...

Hugs, Heather! Friendships are hard. Over the years they can change...sometimes drawing closer...sometimes growing apart. And then sometimes new friendships develop too. Here's a HUG to let you know I'm thinking about you! And I hope this week is better for you. I can't WAIT to see Twilight with you!!!

sharalyns said...

((hugs)) about the friend issues. That always stinks.

I've reread the Twilight series twice now. Waiting axiously for the movie... :-) My cousin (who is 16) was *so* excited to find out I had read them too. Hee hee.

Bumper sticker is awesome. I too am surrounded by vocal Obama supporters. I am also surrounded by McCain supporters, but they are not vocal....

Chiara said...

you know funny thing I live in NY and I have seen a big total of about 10 Obama signs and about the same number of McCain Signs. IT is so odd that there are so few signs around here.

I love the pink one though.

Latharia said...

Glad you're enjoying the books ... and sounds like a nice afternoon when you can sip a beer at your desk!