Monday, October 13, 2008

It's a new week and a new attitude!



It is a new week and I am determined to make sure it is a GOOD week! I made myself a list of things to get done over the weekend and I was able to get at least half of them accomplished which felt great! I even got 2 LOs done which was even better.
I just love these pics of Alyson - they were taken in December 2004...I can't get over how little she looks!




And I did a quick one of Stevie as well...when he was Anakin Skywalker for Halloween in 2005...you can tell he was pretty serious about his role!
I only have a couple more LOs to finish to get our Halloween album up to date. I love doing a LO each year of the kids in their costumes...an idea I got from one of my favorite scrapbookers, Stacy Julian. Stacy and Becky Higgins are definitely my 2 all time favorites and I tend to look their way whenever I am in need of inspiration!
One of my favorites is this one that I finished last week of Alyson's costume from last year... my mother made her a gorgeous Sleeping Beauty gown...she spent quite a bit of time twirling around in it! The pictures just do not do it justice. The material I picked out has glittery sparkles all through out I know I am a little biased being her mommy and all but I just thought she was absolutely gorgeous in her dress!
Speaking of Stacy Julian, I came across a challenge she had posted on her blog called Give Yourself a Present! I swear, the timing on finding this is perfect for me and where I am right here and right now. I am planning on working this week to put together my 10-12 pics and making my little mini album to keep in my purse. The next time I am feeling my funk and feeling like the wind has been knocked out of me yet again, I will thumb through my album and remember to breathe and see what is really important in my life. :)
Yep, this week is starting off good! If you are lucky enough to have the day off for Columbus Day - well, color me jealous! ;) Happy Monday and have a great week!

4 comments:

Latharia said...

Great LOs, Heather!!! I am glad that you're feeling good about this upcoming week!!! :D

kaj said...

Good for you, Heather. Hey! You want me to email you a FlaminGals photo. That would certainly make you smile, if not fall off your chair when you pull out your mini album.

Chiara said...

I am going to do the Stacy Julian challenge too when I get a chance.

Johnna said...

Love the layouts that you made - new attitudes are a good thing. I love Stacy Julian's challenge too - makes you think about what is really important in life :)