Monday, February 11, 2008

MEEEEE Time!



This past Tuesday and Wednesday I got to spend some time with a friend of mine from Seattle in Orlando -- some me time away on my own. Things didn't start out so well when right after I picked Sindea up from the airport I get a call from Steve telling me he "had a little accident!" Ummm...what?! It seems he took the kids for a walk around the lake near our house and they wanted to try and swing from a vine. When he pulled on it to see if it was strong enough to hold them it came loose...and also brought a tree limb with it! Stevie yelled out to him and he had just enough time to shield his head with his hand before it hit him....right on top of the head.hand and knocked him down! THANK GOD the kids did not get hit and he wasn't knocked out or more seriously hurt. I thought I was going to be heading right back home but Steve was pretty sure his hand wasn't broken although it was swolled pretty bad. By the time I got home Wednesday night it was pretty nasty looking and still ugly swollen -- but he said it looked better!

Steve insisted I stay and so even though I was worried about him, Sindea and I had such a great time! We strolled around Downtown Disney Tuesday night and then headed to the Magic Kingdom Wednesday and, can I just tell you, it was one of the most relaxing times I have had at Disney. I must admit it was a little weird to be there without Stevie and Alyson...especially when we were standing in line to see some of the characters...but oh, I just loved how easy going the whole day was!


Speaking of characters, I was so excited to get up close and personal with some I have never seen before...Jiminey Cricket and Maleficient were my favs on the day...never before have I seen them out while I was there! And Maleficient was absolutely just the COOLEST! I was actually a little tongue-tied and just down right giddy! Seeing Stromboli was a first too!






I had a lot of fun just playing with my camera too and taking pics of the park that I wouldn't normally be able to do...actually got some pics of the castle with no one around! I got really "crazy" and pulled my camera out while we were on Big Thunder Mountain...can't wait to do that again! Got some fun shots!



And the Jungle Cruise...we had the best captain EVER! He was awesome...he was jumping all around, hanging off the boat, he made even the same jokes I have heard a million times funny! LOL! Sindea got a picture of me with him but I have to wait for her to get back home to Seattle and share...can't wait to see! We were sitting right up front next to him so I got some oh so fabulous shots on this ride too!

We had so much fun...I dropped her off at her hotel for her photography conference and then headed back home to leave on my cruise the next day! Yep, that will be the next post!

4 comments:

Dalovely Damanda said...

so cool! Looks like you had a great time! love all the photos with the characters. you are a true Disney Gal at heart! ;)

scrapperjen said...

GREAT shots! NOw I can't wait to go again!
I'm glad you have fun and Steve is doing ok.

kaj said...

Great shots!

Chiara said...

oh so glad you had an awesome time at disney