Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Docta Maffa Luffa King Junia
My 5 year old daughter informed me that if I don't like somebody I should just stay home and stay away from them...I shouldn't kill them. I was like "WHAT?!" Where on earth did that come from. Then she kept on talking and it would seem she was referring to what she had been learning about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr (Thank God it wasn't something *I* did!)...or Docta Maffa Luffa King Junia as she calls him - I just love it! My husband and I were so touched by what she was saying and she had obviously been very moved by the fact that he was killed by someone who didn't like him. She told us she almost cried at the end of the story her teacher told at school that day and then went on to tell us how if people don't like someone they just shouldn't kill them, they should just stay away from them and stay home. If only the rest of the world thought the same way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, how precious is THAT!? Yes ... if all of us couldn't just adopt that sentiment!
oh I think that deserves a layout
Definitely do a layout! That is a sweet story. AND we should all adopt that sentiment as Susanne says.
Post a Comment