Monday, April 17, 2017

Hosting my first challenge!

This week on the Use Your Stuff blog, it was my turn to host a challenge...no pressure or anything! ;) I have recently been working on scrapping older Disney pics and was looking for a brad to add something to the layout  I was working on.  I couldn't help but notice the immense collection of eyelets and brads I currently have.  I think I must have bought every color under the sun at one point!  Needless to say, it was my inspiration for this weeks challenge.  I am hoping I am not the only one with umpteen thousands of little colored round things and so I am encouraging you to use some of them up by using them to make a shape on your layout or card.

I completed this Minnie Mouse layout for the challenge where I used up almost 50 of the red brads to make a heart shape around my page title.  Hard to believe the little boy in that picture is getting ready to graduate from high school in just over a month, and that little girl is about to turn 16 (*sob*)


Looking through some of my older layouts, I came across this one where I used the eyelets to make a heart frame on my picture (guess I have a thing for hearts?!) and then threaded embroidery floss through it...




Then on this Pooh and Tigger layout, I used some eyelet brads to frame out the circle on the left hand side.




Thanks for looking and I hope you will stop over at the Use Your Stuff blog to play along in the challenge!

Happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

Jen Mc said...

I love this - VERY cute! I will try to pop over there and check out the challenge.
Thanks, Heather!