Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Getting my groove back

I have really been out of it for awhile.  I could tip toe around it but in all honesty I have just been in a state of depression.  Took me awhile to really see that that was the problem.  And know that I have figured it out I am working on coming out of it.  I expect it will be slow going but I am ready for the challenge.

I had a really busy weekend but it was totally worth it.  Saturday we spent with friends at Adventure Island and Sunday my Diva Princess and I headed up to Disney's Hollywood Studios to meet some out of town friends and their new baby girl they have been blessed with.  Will share more about all of that on another post.

Yesterday was a nice and somewhat quiet day that we spent at home doing nothing in particular.  I was able to take some time to be creative and got most of the laundry done.  Felt good to get some creativity going again.  This week's theme at House of Paper was to do a project and fill in the blank on the sentence "I am..."  My initial thought process was pretty negative -- not surprising given my "down in the dumps" disposition as of late...but with all the fun paper collections Chiara has been bringing into the store it was hard not to do something a little more fun.

One night last week Hunky Hubs decided we should go out to Dairy Queen after dinner for a little treat.  I almost never go anywhere without my camera and the kids were having fun while I snapped away.


I am a Dairy Queen
They just crack me up!  My Diva Princess especially has a sweet tooth -- much like her daddy.  The Summer Days line from Echo Park was just too perfect with these pics :)  Added a little Stickles for a touch of bling as well.  WHY have I not done this sooner?!

Speaking of my Diva Princess, she just turned 10 on the 20th.  SERIOUSLY?!  I confess, I shed a few tears on my way to work that morning.  It just goes way too fast.  I would so love to have another baby but Hunky Hubs and the two offspring keep saying NO :(   Here is my baby girl on the morning of her 10th birthday...we filled her room with balloons before she woke up...



I am 10

The Pink Paislee Soiree is so fun and colorful and I was able to use some of the elements from Echo Park's Dots & Stripes Collection as well.  My sweet girl loved this layout when I showed it to her.  She is very proud of the fact that she is 10 years old now...especially since she was able to save up enough money to get an Ipod Touch...she feels officially grown up now.

You can see what some of the other Interior Designers did with "I am.." HERE in the House Gallery.

If you are a scrapper we would love to have you visit over at The House of Paper.  Sign up for the newsletter and you will be notified when the new products come in and every so often Chiara throws in a discount code...This week the newsletter discount is $5 off your order of $20 or more ENTER COUPON CODE 5off.  The message boards are always a great place to find fun, friendship and inspiration!


You can also "LIKE" House of Paper on Facebook and have access to giveaways and even more discounts...hope to see you there!  If you head over that way, be sure and tell her that Heather sent you :)

Happy Scrapping!

2 comments:

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

So glad to see you back! My husband has been battling depression for a LONG time! Good luck on your journey. I'm glad you figured out what the problem was! Love your pages.

Chiara said...

Honey you know what I have been through the past year it took me a long time to get the point where I didn't feel like I was sinking. I have rough days now and then but I just keep swimming.