I have been blog hopping a lot lately...fills in the empty minutes at work because unfortunately things have gotten slow. So slow in fact that the already small office I work in has been made even smaller with some recent layoffs...my little brother being one of those layoffs unfortunately. I do so miss seeing him everyday :(
So in the empty minutes, I blog hop. It started when I was looking for ideas of the Witch's Ball my BFF and I throw in honor of Halloween and then because I am also looking for ideas for the bridal shower I am throwing in a few weeks for one of my sisters -- with no help from her other bridesmaids I might add (and no, I am NOT the maid of honor...but whatever!) So, yes, back to the blog hopping...it is so completely addicting and before I know it a WHOLE LOT of minutes have gone by! A person can really get lost out in Blog Land!
It is becoming a Love/Hate thing for me lately. I just love all the amazing and wonderful ideas out there...but I hate that I don't have the time and energy to actually do most of them...kind of makes me feel like a bit of a failure in the creativitiy and homemaker department...hence another reason for the HATE side of the relationship! I also hate that while I am inspired to do things to my own home I keep falling back on the "why bother" attitude since chances are high we won't be in our home much longer. I know, I know, totally the wrong attitude to have and I AM working on it...I swear! I did actually rearrange my daughter's bedroom and actually picked up some paint samples to potentially paint both of my kiddos rooms so they can enjoy it for the time left we have in our house...that's a pretty good start, I think.
I suppose I should actually get back to work. I am crossing my fingers for a somewhat productive weekend....here's hoping!
1 comment:
I know what you mean...I love to blog hop, get all inspired and then something always happens when I get home and my inspiration crashes. Oh, well...at least it makes work more interesting! haha Have a splendid weekend, my dear! :)
Post a Comment