Saturday, July 11, 2009

Just call me STELLA!

So far the summer has been pretty busy for me between working full-time, a 10 day road trip to SC, & VA, 4th of July and just trying to keep up with things on a daily basis...just seems to have sapped all my energy. It seems to have put me in a creative slump as well...and it has left me frustrated. I know that I am not the only one as it has been a popular saying amongst the gals over at the House of Paper. So we have started a Get Your Groove Back Challenge Forum and I am determined to get my groove on! It is not too late to join in....all the challenges will fun through until September 8th, 2009 since "not enough time" is also a common frustration as well.

I forced myself to tackle my first challenge last night which was to do a LO using a popular and trendy technique of clustering elements together. I made this Snow White LO using pictures from our visit to WDW with the kids -- it was our first time taking them and we flew down from Seattle. I remember how excited I was to be able to share my love of Disney with them both and Alyson has definitely followed in my footsteps over the years since then! The photos are from her very first princess encounter. Snow White was so sweet with Alyson and I wish I had photos of them talking and interacting but the boys were off somewhere else and the lady behind me was kind enough to take these 2 photos for me and I happy to at least have those. I used older stuff from my stash for this LO along with one of the new Say What Journaling Pieces from Little Yellow Bicycle - so very cool!


Well, I am off to see if I can work on my creative groove some more...amongst laundry, chores and getting ready for our Families Game Night that we are hosting tonight...should prove to be an enjoyable day despite the housework! ;)

2 comments:

Johnna said...

Love this layout, Heather! You will definitely get your "groove" back at the house, I just know it! These pics are adorable!

Chiara said...

you know I love this layout. I have had such fun scrapping my disney pictures lately.