Sunday, April 05, 2009

Picture of the day...
















Went out to get the newspaper with Alyson this morning and she was playing some millipedes - we got this cool pic for the day. She asked me to "babysit" it while she went inside to grab her bug habitat...and that's when I saw it...that damn black snake, (also known as "Blacky" around these parts!) wrapped around the tree outside my dining room window. UGH! I managed to walk calmly in the houese without alerting the entire neighborhood of its presence. I received quite the angry "moooooom" from Alyson as I came in the door, but once I explained myself she forgave me. WHEW! Of course my crew immediately went to the window to check it out. According to them he is "only a baby". And what exactly constitutes "a baby"? Oh he is only about a foot and a half. ONLY a foot and a half?! Do they not realize that is the length of a 12x12 sheet of scrapbook paper...plus another half?! A baby, my ass! They watched as he made his way out of the tree and so he is now on the move...which means that at least the rest of the day (although probably longer!), I will NOT being using my front door.

I am going to stick with the millipedes!

3 comments:

Debby said...

Your alot braver than me. I would have gotten the shovel after it. And the whole neighbor hood would know it was there too.

Wendy High said...

LOL that is too funny! I think a foot and a half is NOT a baby anymore....

jacquie said...

LOL...I'd have headed back into the house too! Great POTD!