Stevie and Alyson have their last day of school today...I know they are super excited! I, however, am a little bit sad -- mostly though because rather than spending the summer with them like I always have, I will have to work. Both kids were rather surprised when they realized that I do not get the summer off of work. This has moved me to tears on more than one occasion. I feel like I am going to be missing out on so much with them this summer.
I can not even fathom how mother's who have no choice but to go back to work shortly after their children are born manage?! I know that not every mom is "made" (for lack of a better word) to be a SAHM and I know it was not part of my original plan - I was kind of forced into it. And even though I had my fair share of rough days and spent more than a few "time outs" on the front porch, I have never regretted staying home with my kids. I know that I am doing what is best for my family right now by working but I can't believe how much I miss being with my kiddos. I think the novelty of being a "working girl" again has definetely worn off -- and I am barely at the 90 day mark!
I have talked to Steve recently about how I am feeling and I am happy to say that he has been really sympathetic and supportive. He is even talking about the possibility of me being able to quit where I am at and help him focus more on our businesses and being able to make up the difference of my salary if we can reach a few goals with them -- we will have to wait and see on that one...so for now I will just have to continue what I am doing and enjoy the time I do have with them -- they are still young enough that they still like me (most of the time! LOL!) Steve is bringing them out to meet me for lunch after he picks them up for school so I am counting down until my lunch hour so I can hear all about their last day.
1 comment:
Enjoy the kids while they are little. Before you know it they are getting ready to leave you.
Post a Comment