Living in Florida we don't get much in the way of winter and the last time we saw any real "white stuff" was in about 1977 or 1978 I think. I laugh because my mom and I had just moved to Florida that year from Pennsylvania. She wanted to get away from all the snow. Then it snowed in Florida! LOL! Of course it was just a light dusting and was gone by about 1 o'clock but it was plenty to make a little snowman with :)
Today it was 42 degrees when I stepped outside. LOVING IT! It was the perfect excuse to put on my favorite boots. Sure, Floridians are known to wear them all year long but when it is actually cold outside we tend to look a little less silly ;) I had to laugh as I looked at my kiddos this morning -- Alyson dressed for school in jeans, longsleeve shirt, jacket and then bundled up even more with her hat, scarf and gloves. Stevie on the other hand, donned his usual khaki shorts, polo shirt and then a sweatshirt – he is so much like his daddy! It is funny to see how differently we all embrace the cooler weather.
I admit I do miss the real winters we had when we were living in Seattle. We lived in this fantastic little neighborhood down a bit of a hill. Where we were at, we didn't typically get a lot of snow so when it did come most people were unprepared. My neighbor across the street and I would come out onto our front porches wrapped in our bathrobes and holding our piping hot coffee as we cheered our fellow neighbors in their repeated attempts to drive up the snowy hill. Most had cars not really equipped for the job. I always felt bad for the ones who would get so close you were SURE they would make it only to have the car start slipping backwards. Man, do I miss those guys.
Wishing you all a very Happy December!
xoxo.

2 comments:
You never know with the snow...we live in the southern UK....where it very rarely snows....and we've had up to 18 inches dumped on us in the last couple of days!!
Happy December to you.
Glad to see you back for JYC! Happy December!
My DH is originally from South Florida and I know all about that one lonely snow LOL
Post a Comment