Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I love this girl!

Isn't she precious? This is my little party planner. It seems she had been planning a little surprise party for me. She had even written out a list which Steve gave me (for the scrapbook, he said). I came home from work on my birthday and was greeted to screams of "SURPRISE" from Stevie, Steve, my mom and of course, Alyson.

She had picked out Pirates of the Carribean themed party supplies, complete with party favors and pirate bandanas, because she said she knows how much I love Captain Jack. I got a "Birthday Captain" ribbon to wear too! She told Daddy exactly where to hang the banner, cleaned and set out the table and even picked out a cake for me. Her excitement was evident when I came home and she couldn't wait to show me the rose bushes her and Steve had picked up that day for me as well...they are my favorite and so they are going to plant them outside our master bathroom window so I can see them everyday. Steve told me how she had instructed everyone on what to do when I came home from work.


To know that she did all that, all of her own accord, just warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes (even now!) I can't believe I was feeling so down about my birthday this year -- I am so blessed and it feels wonderful to know how loved I really am! And like a good friend said...it is only a number, right?!

I love this girl!

3 comments:

scrapperjen said...

Awwww!!!! How sweet is she!!! :) I can't wait to see your layouts for this.
Happy very belated day!
HUGS!

Just Wedeminute said...

How sweet! She's a doll. Happy Birthday hope it was a great one!

Chiara said...

what a great girl you have